Availability of 17hm2 in canada?

H Wally

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
193   0   0
How available is 17hm2 in canada, and what should a standard box of 50 or 100 cost me?

It's a completely new rd to me and I can't recall ever seeing it anywhere I've been. Then again, I've never been looking.
 
I have never seen any .17hm2 ammo for sale. Sad, really, as i wanted to try making a rolling block .17 using a pellet gun barrel. Making a .17hm2 reamer would be a piece fo cake i think :)
 
Prophet River gets it in from time to time. Can Tire in both Red Deer and Calgary had it last May/June.
 
Prophet River brought in over 300,000 rounds this spring,and he usually has a good supply.His price runs around $7 per box,so if you order bulk,you will still save after paying for shipping.If you purchase a 17mach2 rifle from him,he usually gives you a slightly better deal.I purchased 16,000 rounds from him in the spring.Several other stores in Alberta carry the ammunition,but they charge $9 to $10 per box.
 
I have never seen any .17hm2 ammo for sale. Sad, really, as i wanted to try making a rolling block .17 using a pellet gun barrel. Making a .17hm2 reamer would be a piece fo cake i think :)

Not a great idea. Dealing with a .177" (+/-, but nominally) bore size on the airgun barrel, .172" for the .17 cal firearm bore, so it'd start out at a disadvantage from the loose barrel.

Cheaper and easier to put all the work into an actual barrel blank. Whether you start with a take-off barrel, or buy a blank, up to you.

Then there is the matter of whether the steel used for the airguns is fit to be used as a firearms barrel. It may 'only' be a rimfire, but it may 'only' cost you an eye. Never heard of an airgun Co. scrapping a pallet of stock because they found inclusions or other faults in the steel.

Brownells had some .17 cal blanks for $68 each a little while back. The import paperwork is free, if not exactly quick.

Cheers
Trev
 
Bass Pro in Vaughn has it from time to time. I think that I paid $8.99 for a 50 round box a few months ago. In my experience the 17hm2 is a lazer and one of the most used and most fun firearms on the ranch.
 
The guy in Ladner has some on the shelf.
There are several guys locally that have one in 17mach2.
Will it be around for long?
How long was the 5mm rimfire around?
The other two lrg stores in Vancouver should have some as well.
Then again why look for ammo if you dont have the gun?
Rob
 
The other two lrg stores in Vancouver should have some as well.
Rob

$10.50 at Reliable. Lever and Italian don't carry any. Pretty sure I didn't see any at International either. WSS was supposed to be getting some in, but still nothing yet.
 
Will it be around for long?
How long was the 5mm rimfire around?

How many firearms companies chambered the 5mmrimfire?How many ammunition companies loaded the 5mmrimfire?Now compare that to the 17Mach2,and you will see a huge difference.
 
Back
Top Bottom