Barnes 180 gr. Tripleshock Bullets

Are you sure he was shooting the Triple Shock? I've heard reports of some problems with the original Barnes X-Bullet, but not the redesigned Triple Shock X-Bullet.

I've had nothing but great success with the bullet and will be using the 7mm version in my 7mm Rem Mag on moose this fall.
 
I shot two deer last fall with the 180 grain TSX out of a 300WM. One deer was shot in the neck 200ish yards instant death and bullet passed through. The other was a Mule deer around 240 yards with a lung shot with the same results.

Two years ago I loaded some of the same bullet for a friend for his Island Elk trip.. shot in the neck and the bullet somehow ended up in one of the front shoulders. It opened exactly the way Barnes says and lost less than one grain of weight. Until I have a problem I'm sold. I just wish the had a much higher BC for long range....
 
These are the best bang for my dollar!

I have had great success with these bullets in my 30-378 and 30-06. I have never recovered a slug yet but the damage is awesome. I killed two moose with them now and several deer with both rifles. I will never switch back to anything else. someone mentioned earlier on that they don't expand in the bank that your shooting it into.... the reason for this is the bullet requires hydraulic pressure to expand. There is a whole thing on the barnes bullet that can be found on youtube that explains this fairly clearly. just search it. Good luck!
 
Back
Top Bottom