Belgian Nagant Revolver

cz52

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I am thinking to purchase a Belgian Nagant revolver, but as far as I am aware original 9.4mm ammo has been obsolete since WW1 and finding any is very difficult. Are there other options out there like reloading 38spl, 38 S&W or even 9mm Federal rimmed?
 
Donnelly CTG Conversions says for 9.4mm Dutch Revolver (home service version)
Use .303 Savage
Cut case to .81"
Turn rim to .490" dia. and back chamfer
I.D. neck ream, chamfer
F/L size
 
To make 9.4 cases, use .41 Magnum. MUCH easier and cheaper than .303 Savage. Just trim to length and size to hold the bullet. A correctly sized mould can be purchased from accuratemold.com. Not a Nagant, but the large Dutch revolver on the right of the photo is in 9.4, and shoots very well with ammunition made using trimmed and neck sized .41 Magnum brass and loaded with accuratemold bullets.

005.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 199
I'm gonna' guess .303 Savage was a lot more common/available in 1987 when Donnelly wrote the book.

jethunter has 9.4 soft lead bullets.
 
Back
Top Bottom