best way to ship ammo?

In terms of customer service I'd say Purolator is your best choice. I prefer them over UPS because with UPS they leave a maximum 3 tags, and then give up trying to catch me when I'm at home during regular business hours. The its up to me to call them to say "Hey don't send my package back to the sender I will pick it up". Purolator tries once and then phones me for same day pick up from their depot, whereas UPS makes me wait another day so they can take it off the delivery truck.

I have nothing but bad things to say about UPS. Almost all of my dealings with them have been negative!
 
Consider FedEx Ground. Here's a week-old quote from an ammunition supplier, for 1000 rounds of .22 LR, Calgary to Montreal; 4kg parcel:

  • DHL: $42.00
  • UPS: $38.00
  • FedEx Ground: $19.00
If you're near the local FedEx Ground depot and want to avoid the stupid business with the stickers, have your seller tick the box on the waybill for ''HOLD AT FEDEX DEPOT FOR PICK-UP", and plan accordingly. Be sure you find out where the local FedEx GROUND depot is, though; it's likely not your closest FedEx Express counter.

FedEx and DHL have each disappointed me in the past, but UPS are my personal Special Air Service of customer dissatisfaction. I simply will not deal with sellers and stores who insist on UPS. I'm beaten before I start.
 
Back
Top Bottom