Better to order from U.S. somerimes

lyman54

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
I can buy 4 bags of revolver wads @ 100 per bag from Track of the Wolf for $34.76 Canadian delivered. Maybe I shouldn't mention the Canadian site that sells them but they would cost $73 for the same. I understand a profit needs to be made and their customer base is smaller but who would consider buying from them. Everyone is looking to save a buck. Just saying.
 
All my revolvers shooter more accurately with round balls with a wad under them. If it's a lubed wad the fouling stays softer to boot and i shoot longer between cleaning at the range. it's much cleaner to use a wad then dollop grease on top of the ball, (which they also didn't use back then.) and the wad goes down the barrel where grease on top just blows off and coats the front of the revolver making a slimy mess that traps powder grains and makes a flash over much more likely, especially in an real antique with chambers that are loose from 100 years of use. So, yeah, I like wads.
 
i got them pre lubed for 10.95 but the dry ones you lube yourself are the same thing and way cheaper! and actually work better. What percent beeswax to crisco? my last batch was 40/60 but i think i'll try 30/70 next time.
 
i got them pre lubed for 10.95 but the dry ones you lube yourself are the same thing and way cheaper! and actually work better. What percent beeswax to crisco? my last batch was 40/60 but i think i'll try 30/70 next time.

Good question. I keep adding crisco to the melted wax until I'm satisfied. Just soft enough that I can easily take a scoop with my finger. Punching out wads would be cheap but .36 or .44 doesn't work out to the perfect fraction. 7/16 is a bit small for the .44 but perhaps it would work anyways.
 
Last edited:
I can buy 4 bags of revolver wads @ 100 per bag from Track of the Wolf for $34.76 Canadian delivered. Maybe I shouldn't mention the Canadian site that sells them but they would cost $73 for the same. I understand a profit needs to be made and their customer base is smaller but who would consider buying from them. Everyone is looking to save a buck. Just saying.

Even with the exchange rate it sometimes makes sense to get what you need instead of waiting for weeks as long as the pricing is not outrageous
 
A bit bigger is better then a bit small. . My lube is a bit harder then you have there, but it's nice to work with when the weather is warm. But too hard when it's cold, hence my thought of dropping the wax back a little. If you can find any tubing measuring .45 to .46 ID, just grind a cutting edge and have at er...
 
Even with the exchange rate it sometimes makes sense to get what you need instead of waiting for weeks as long as the pricing is not outrageous

It pays off as long as you are able to wait. Even with the weaker dollar and import fees.
 
Back
Top Bottom