Black powder cartridge rifles

Goose smasher

New member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm looking to buy my first black powder cartridge rifle in the near future. Is there any Canadian gun stores that specialize in these? I've been looking but had no luck. The best place I've found was the gun room in Waterloo. Thanks in advance.

Goose smasher
 
Well first you need to decide on a cal. for a newbie I would suggest 45-70 brass easy and cheap reloading dies everything readily avalible 2nd price range what are you looking to spend ? Pedersoli are resonably easy to find a used Browning BPCR is a step up Marstar carries some. The EE gets some good ones from time to time . The 1895 Marlin lever in 45-70 with Ballard cut rifleing shoots black and cast bullets very well and at a reasonable price.
 
I think Clay at Prophet River may still have one last Pedersoli Sharps in stock well inside your price range. Worth contacting him. His user name here is SakoAlberta. Shoot him a PM and see what he can do for you. He does some importing too, and may be able to help you out.

Cheers
Trev
 
Uberti and pedersoli make italian copies, for a few pesos more you can get a c.Sharps or shiloh Sharps, both are made in Montana and tops in quality, C. Sharps uses Badger barrels which are very accurate, Shiloh has quite a waiting list. Welcome to the addiction!
 
Thanks guys, I looked at the Shiloh and C.Sharps but I think they are out of my range for now. Very nice guns though, maybe for the next one!

Goose smasher
 
Back
Top Bottom