Black Powder

gun show was good, but not a lot of BP guns, and a few gus who just wanted to show off what they had, but were never planning on selling. one guy ws asking $10 for a single brass 12ga shell. i asked him if it was the last one…
on the other hand, i scored almost 3 lbs BP for $30. one pound is cannon grade, is that workable in a .50?
 
...isn't there an issue with static electricity and plastic? I'll stop throwing out my old tins and transfer the powder if that's how it coming now a days.

They put an additive in the plastic to prevent static build up. Yeah, the old types of plastic would build up static and in large quantities there was a small chance of a static spark igniting the heap. The new stuff is in plastic so i imagine they've beat that issue or their lawyers would be having kittens lol
 
gun show was good, but not a lot of BP guns, and a few gus who just wanted to show off what they had, but were never planning on selling. one guy ws asking $10 for a single brass 12ga shell. i asked him if it was the last one…
on the other hand, i scored almost 3 lbs BP for $30. one pound is cannon grade, is that workable in a .50?

I'm not sure what cannon grade is but am assuming its courser than double or single F. I say try it as is, and if you find it barf's out a large amounts of unburnt powder you'll have to grind it finer. $10 per lbs is a great deal as you know.
 
Bought some Goex B/P at the Calgary show and yes it was in the black plastic jugs. Big variation in price among the vendors, most at 33-35 per lb but the one I bought from was 23 a lb for Fg (still 6 bucks a shot for my cannon. LOL). Yes Cannon grade is a very course granulation (like crushed pee gravel). I wish I could find the Cannon grade close by.
 
Back
Top Bottom