Blackhorn 209 advice needed on quantities?

USP

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I was planning on buying Blackhorn 209 to try out in my TC Bone Collector, once it arrives. I imagine I will just shoot 100 grain loads. Any idea who many shots I can get out of a bottle of this Blackhorn stuff? I heard they are smaller bottles. I wanted to know as I have a long drive to go buy it so I figured once I found out how many shots, I would get enough to last abit. Thanks
 
A bottle contains10oz(284g) if that helps you, I have not had a chance to try my bottle of 209 yet, but I read a lot on it, and heard people say they use any where from 90 to 100 grains. Since the price for BH209 seems to be overly inflated in many stores I would suggest trying out 90gr shot also.

I'm interested in knowing your results, so make sure you post them.
 
So if my calculation is right its about 6.5 Grams for each 100 grains? So that means approximately 43 shots per bottle? Does that sound about right?
 
Grams just complicate things......473 grs./oz. or 7000gr./lb...so 10 X 473= 4730 grs then divide by grains per load(100) or 47 loads /container.
 
Grams just complicate things......473 grs./oz. or 7000gr./lb...so 10 X 473= 4730 grs then divide by grains per load(100) or 47 loads /container.

You forgot one important aspect. Black powder subs are measured by volume, not weight. 100 volumetric grains of BH 209 equals roughly 69 grains in weight, based on my powder measure, and scale.

BH 209 has fairly low density, because of the holes in the powder strands.

Hence, you will get substantially more loads than you thought for each canister of powder.
 
You forgot one important aspect. Black powder subs are measured by volume, not weight. 100 volumetric grains of BH 209 equals roughly 69 grains in weight, based on my powder measure, and scale.

BH 209 has fairly low density, because of the holes in the powder strands.

Hence, you will get substantially more loads than you thought for each canister of powder.

So my calculation would be correct if you are correct, but then again I did my calculation while half asleep yesterday. So this morning I simply measured out 100 grains in my powder measure and poured it onto my kitchen scale, and it came to 4grams, keep in mind my kitchen scale only gives whole numbers so it will not get 4.4 or 4.5.

So if my original number of 4.5grams/100grains is correct, a bottle of 10oz (284grams) would come to 63 shots.
 
Back
Top Bottom