Blazer .38 spec.?

heineken44i

Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hey guys. My old man has an abundance of blazer ammunition. .38 special. I was just wondering what are the pros and cons of this ammo as i wish to shoot from a Rossi Model 94. And what benefit does the aluminum casing have compared to the brass?:redface:
 
Ahhh. Fair enough. Usually I just shoot them then take a rolling magnet and pick them up when I am done with the casings and toss them. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to the shooting aspect to them?
 
"...a rolling magnet..." Won't pick up brass either.
The Blazer stuff is ok. Nothing to write home about accuracy wise though. Mind you, I've only used it out of a revolver.
"...Rossi Model 94..." That the R92? If you shoot .38's out of it, make sure you clean the chamber before shooting .357's. It'll have a lube gunk ring in it same as a .357 revolver gets. No big deal. Comes out with normal cleaning.
 
Pardon me. The gun is not mine as well, its my fathers. It is the Model 92 We took it out in February and shot some old .357's out of it and the chamber built up some powdery gunk. The "normal cleaning" got rid of it fairly easily. And this magnet we purchased at Princess Auto picks it up quite well. The range I shoot at (Regina Wildlife Federation) asks that you pick up the spent shells so I always take the time to clean up.
 
"...asks that you pick up the spent shells..." You should be doing that anyway. Amazing how many guys think their momma follows them around cleaning up after them. Cops are bad for it. Opened a range on Borden one time after the OPP TRU team had been there. 9mm brass everywhere. Had my guys pick it up(2500 pcs. Thought I had a big score. Every one with a lacquered in primer. Bottom of the primer popped off and left the body. PO'd severely.) and told Range Control.
"...this magnet..." Must have a sweeper thingy on it. That'd be good. Brass is not attracted to a magnet.
 
There's a lot to be said for sweeper thingy's as one ages. A broom and a shovel tends to pick up a lot of extra crappola. You don't want to get caught with a broom in your hands either. People tend to expect you to always have one. Kind of like running. Get caught or seen once and everybody thinks you should do it all the time. snicker.
 
Back
Top Bottom