Blunderbuss

Enfield303

Regular
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Location
Winnipeg
Just wondering how many of you would purchase a blunderbuss if they were available?

Traditions .54 cal blunderbuss. #11 Percusion cap. In a kit you can finish the stock however you like. It has a stainless bbl, brass butt, toe plate and trigger guard.

I know they dont export to Canada yet. But if enough of us request it they may start.
 
I think there are some other blunderbuss kit guns out there that are alot nicer. A flint one would interest me. Also .54 seems really small for a blunderbuss.

The way the stock and barrel on that kit is built it seems awkward looking.

McLean
 
I just handled one today. A bigger bore and flintlock would be better. But neat still. I would like to try to get the boss to start bringing in such things. Just want to know how much market there is for blunderbusses in Canada.
 
I think the market is small but they would sell if they were at a decent price. Loyalist arms already has one that is not quite so strange looking and is in flint.

I would love to have one of the 4 ga kits out of the states!

McLean
 
Im always interested in new blackpowder stuff coming in! What kind of price are the traditions ones ? Any caliber choices like atleast .62 or options in flint like their other guns ?

McLean
 
Yes, I agree with the others here in saying a .54 calibre blunderbuss would most likely be a marketing mistake. When one says blunderbuss, most of us imagine at least a .69 calibre bore with a bell or cannon shaped muzzle. Bigger is better discussing this subject. Ten gauge might be just about perfect, as it's still a huntable option bore with enough size to fit comfortably into this category. Six, eight or even four bore is neat, but one can't take it actually hunting in Canada or most US states.
March-hare002.jpg

H010.jpg

I myself believe that funnel shaped muzzle actually has an effect of spreading the shot pattern.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom