broken spring -- Identifying .38rf spur revolver. 2 inch barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eat the cost and do the right thing, it's sad but putting it up for sale is not cool.
I've an expensive, really cool 1858 remington C & B that can be shot but should not. I'd not ask others here to forward advice on how to jury rig it together.
It's not that much money, man. If you want to play the antique game, it it's an expensive gamble...sometimes you lose, can't always walk away a winner..
Sometimes you get the Bear, sometimes the Bear gets you.
Lots of members here likely have one of those guns too. You keep it on the hope it's parts will complete another piece and it'll live again.
Just put it away; it's parts man
 
I am closing this thread; I think that shooting this gun to destruction while holding it in his hand is stupid to the point of casting all of us in a bad light. Even after all of the discussion and advice to not shoot further, the OP still seems to have no real understanding of the issues. Even little things like protecting his hands with deer skin gloves which is about on part with wearing thin cotton gloves for protection from metal fragments.

I would hope that the thread is an example to others, of the need to accurately measure chambers and bore dimensions etc before shooting a gun. I think there is a tendency to poke a shell in a chamber and say to oneself "if I can poke the shell in the hole, that must be the correct caliber"

cheers mooncoon
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom