Bullet barn bullets suitable for antique revolver?

1fastjeep

Regular
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi folks,
Just wondering if the cast boolits from bullet barn are too hard to shoot through my S&W DA 44 russian. The bullet barns stated their cast bullets have 25 HB.

If the bullet barn bullets are too hard for antique black powder revolver, where else can I find 200 gr .429 cast bullets? or I have to cast them myself?

Thanks
 
I'll be seeing Andy, the owner, in a few days. I have been using his bullets, in my antique S&W, but have wanted to ask him about softer lead. Might be able to convince him to do some special orders... I will, of course, report back.
 
Well as suggested above, asking BB the question on casting a softer alloy can't hurt. I have enquired in the past and perhaps if the demand is there.... the more requests, the more reason they'll have right?

If like myself you have very limited time I have no doubt some kind person will cast them for you - I bought 600+ cast for my BP loads by a local fellow who was good enough to do so for me.
 
Back
Top Bottom