Buying Blackpowder in the States

Dmay

CGN frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
58   0   1
Location
N.E. Alberta
I know its been discussed before, but I can't find it. Looking for a link to US regulations about a Canadian buying blackpowder down there.....


Thanx.
 
No problems on either side. Canada Customs says you can bring 8 Kg's on each trip as long as it's in 1 pound containers. US export regulations exempt black powder from any regulation and the Homeland Security people have exemptions as well. It has been covered before here. My last trip for powder showed prices of $12.95/pound for Goex.....$18.95 for Swiss. I would rather buy at home BUT, I always run into supply problems and the last I bought near home three years ago was Goex at $31.00 per pound. I am in the USA on a fairly regular basis so I don't have to make a dedicated trip for BP. Just do the math on the savings if you get 17 pounds!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom