Canada Customs

oldiron

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Location
central Alberta
I have an antique handgun shipped from the USA. It's been in Customs in Vancouver since July 14. Is this getting a little late, or are they still backed up? It's about an 1870 revolver in .38 rf cal, shouldn't take long to decide.
Thanks..
 
Some "things" get stuck there. They hold some things while they are attempting to find a reason not to release them. Sometimes they have no good reason but do this "because they can!" Backlog in Canada Customs????? How could there not be a backlog? As you can tell my experiences haven't been positive. I would be willing to bet that the item you are waiting for was being sent by courier rather than USPS. If that is the case it explains some of the delay as these items are flagged and must go through our money grabbing brokerage system. I don't order anything any longer which comes by any courier service. If I can't get the item shipped by USPS then I don't order it. Best of luck...........Dave
 
Mind you, we ARE discussing an organisation that wrote me a letter asking if I was aware of the policy of not importing fruit into Canada without a special permit.

The item concerned was a G scale 'Pacific Fruit Growers Association' model railroad car.

tac
www.ovgrs.org
 
What if a fella was to drive back with it, would it be better or worse,I suppose if they kept it for a month I could camp out in the parking lot!;0)
:canadaFlag::rockOn:
 
I have an antique handgun shipped from the USA. It's been in Customs in Vancouver since July 14. Is this getting a little late, or are they still backed up? It's about an 1870 revolver in .38 rf cal, shouldn't take long to decide.
Thanks..

Seems awfully long. I would still wait a couple more weeks and then write them a standard letter with USPS tracking number/documentation etc.

.
 
Driving is the way to go in my experience. I get things shipped to a UPS store stateside, pick them up, declare them at customs, pay the taxes and away I go. Having the RCMP letter helps of course, but the place where I usually cross has the benefit of one of the older agents collects old guns too, and knows quite a bit about them. When I crossed with my Springfield Trapdoor, I didn't even have a letter, and breezed right through. It was obviously old though with the finish on it. My 2 cents.
 
I have an antique handgun shipped from the USA. It's been in Customs in Vancouver since July 14. Is this getting a little late, or are they still backed up? It's about an 1870 revolver in .38 rf cal, shouldn't take long to decide.
Thanks..


Try not to be too worried yet...I won a Maria Thressa thaler for 18$$ shipped from the USA in mid July, didn't arrive until last week and It was shipped the day after purchase.

I think it all depends on the pile your stuffs in........I imagine they might be behind schedule even now, maybe try to call in and search the status???

I agree its a pain.
 
Mind you, we ARE discussing an organisation that wrote me a letter asking if I was aware of the policy of not importing fruit into Canada without a special permit.

The item concerned was a G scale 'Pacific Fruit Growers Association' model railroad car.

That's priceless, LOL
 
I had an antique centerfire revolver shipped to me via USPS and I think they only held it for a couple of weeks... of course I also had the seller ship it with the antique letter.
 
My best Canada Customs story......I traded a guy in Texas for a Canadian marked Snider Enfield rifle. I asked him to mark the box in big letters "Returned Canadian Goods", which he did. It came straight to me in six days and never even was opened. When I picked it up at the post office the guy asked me what it was and we both had a good laugh.
 
when imported my k98 it took a month and half from payment to my house all paperwork was done by me and the seller who had export license
 
Back
Top Bottom