Canadian BDX Inc. (Combat Masters Ammo Brand) any experience with?

I dealt with CombatMasters/BDX on an order of under 10,000 rounds various calibers. Hard to get ahold of, certainly frustrating for anyone without the patience of a saint, but once Kurt tells you something it is so. I will deal with him again and he produces some of the best ammunition I have ever shot for the best price I have seen. Not worth getting back into reloading for what I can buy from him.

All that being said, communication is important. Face it, not everyone has the gift or the time to work on it. Cut him a little slack.

By the way, what is in "the works" is producing his own jacketed bullets at source rather than waiting on US suppliers and Customs hold-ups to get the supplies he needs to complete his product. These are things he can't control and I am sure every one of us understands his frustration at the delays from his component suppliers. After this is complete and running Kurt will have no outside source delays and his customers will be happier.

what about primers and powder? dont those come from the us?
 
No worries, all good! :D
lol i wasnt trying to cut you up i was just wondering if he had some sources we didnt know about :p

If he does I don't know them either.

I dealt with the guy once, was happy, all I'm saying. He told me about the bullets and showed me the setup, when it gets rolling it will be impressive. Not a bad guy, even if communication is not his strong suit. Making good ammunition is.
 
Dropped by Proline in Calgary the other day and Kurt must have just been by..... they had 9mm about 20x of the 300 packs on the counter..... I got 6x... they were 70 each.

Now all I need is some .45

I guess Proline gets ammo from him about every 3 weeks or so and they get whatever he brings.... they have not seen any .45 from him in 3 months or so.....

DOH......
 
I sent an email to Kurt this Wed., he got back to me the next day and had what I needed and at a fair price. He is putting the order together and I'll pick it up this week or next. He is in the same boat only larger then us, since he needs bulk buys of supplies to make his product. He stated he had just completed making 140,000 rounds of 9mm.
He is trying to keep it all running, getting supplies, and making deliveries too! As the saying goes it's hard to get good help these days!
 
Back
Top Bottom