Canadian Snider wanted.....

tacfoley

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sooooo, where in Canada might I find a Canadian-marked/issued Snider in any variation - I'm not fussy. It would have to be exported to the UK where it is classed as a pure antique and does not need any kind of licence, unless, of course, you want to shoot it.

Thanks for any help/advice.

tac
 
tacfoley, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.Cick here if you are trying to enter Equipment Exchange because you do not have access. You must be a registered member of this website first.
2.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.



Huh - almost a thousand posts, and I'm not 'privileged?

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

tac
 

Thanks for that - the problem is that they won't sell to me since I live outside Canada. Here in UK any obsolete calibre like this is classed as a Section 58 firearm, and anybody over age 18 can buy it without any kind of a license or permit.

It is only if you wish to shoot it that it has to be licensed. Right now, I have eighteen Section 1 rifled firearms on my license [15 rifles, 3 handguns], so if I eventually want to shoot it [I do] then one of those will have to go to make room. The county in ehich I live has an illegally-imposed limit on the number of Section 1 firearms you can own before you have to have a dealer-level security in your home. This was at the instigation of a gun-hating chief constable of the county some ten years syne, and has not been rescinded. Went we went #####ing about it, she told us that the issuing of licenses was dependent on HER condtions of ensuring public safety, and that we were not going to be able to overturn her decision in court. Quite how having fifteen guns makes you safe, but having seventeen makes you into a bigger risk is still unclear to me.

Anyhow, thanks to some rapid footwork by a fine gentleman at the other end of the lake from us [when at home we are not far from Brighton/Trenton], I've probably got myself sorted out.

Thanks to you all for your help - it really is appreciated.

Best to all

tac
 
The problem is no Shipper wants to handle firearms anymore outside of Canada. Our last resort was Post Canada, but now even they no longer allows shipment of firearms outside of Canada even antique ones!
 
tacfoley, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.Cick here if you are trying to enter Equipment Exchange because you do not have access. You must be a registered member of this website first.
2.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.



Huh - almost a thousand posts, and I'm not 'privileged?

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

tac


As mentioned. You need to sign up first.


http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_cgn_exchange_rules


http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/profile.php?do=editusergroups
 
The problem is no Shipper wants to handle firearms anymore outside of Canada. Our last resort was Post Canada, but now even they no longer allows shipment of firearms outside of Canada even antique ones!


Hello JP

Have you seen this in writing?

Thanks for your help and take care

jpc
 
'kay. Sorted. Vendor spoge to the RCMP - they say to register it, then re-register it as an antique. They will provide a suitable letter to accompany the piece and Canada Post will then ship it.

I'll keep you informed of progress, or lack of it.

tac
 
A large dealer I know had a shipment of Antiques guns seized by Canada Post, took over a year to get the guns back! He was warned never to ship any type of firearms even Antiques outside the Country by Canada Post ever again. I know some people risk it anyway, but in Business you can't be that foolhardy.
 
Back
Top Bottom