While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Just wondering what brand / size of cap you guys use on your Pietta 1858?
I had just CCI on my hands, # 11 were way too big for the stock nipples.
Oddly, CCI # 10, who didn't fitted on anything i ever owned, fits well...
I have Treso nipples on my Uberti 1861. Can't complain.
Then, i've read that TOTW stainles steel nipples are almost as hard as Treso for half the price.
How long these stock nipples last, anyway?
Took my 1858 Remington Carbine out last weekend and used CCI # 10 caps,had the chronograph set up and was averaging 1162FPS with a full cylinder of Goex FFFG.
Where can I order some Treso nipples from, I have an old Pietta 1851 "Rebel" .44 cal that has been abused (dryfired) and the nipples were mushroomed. I filed them back into shape but they still don't work very well ie: a lot of misfires.
I bought some of the stainless nipples from TOTW to replace the factory ones on my Uberti 1851 Navy .36 cal and they work great but I have heard so much about the Treso's that I want to try them.