Hi guys,
A friend asked me to help identify an old caplock rifle that's been gathering dust in his basement. As my interest is in modern military arms and I know absolutely nothing about antiques, I'm hoping someone can give me a hand. Any information would be useful: age (old or reproduction), country or maker, value, etc.
Except for the letters IR carved in the stock, it has no maker or proof marks visible (not surprising due to the amount of pitting!).
Thanks
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
A friend asked me to help identify an old caplock rifle that's been gathering dust in his basement. As my interest is in modern military arms and I know absolutely nothing about antiques, I'm hoping someone can give me a hand. Any information would be useful: age (old or reproduction), country or maker, value, etc.
Except for the letters IR carved in the stock, it has no maker or proof marks visible (not surprising due to the amount of pitting!).
Thanks


















































