(CAS) Commercial supplier of BP cartridges?

Cold Warrior

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
Howdy, pardners!

Is there a Canadian supplier of black powder cartridges?
I've been shooting .45LC and .38Spl in my Colts for about five years, and I'd like to start using black powder at
the Cowboy Action matches.

I don't re-load, but I like to smoke when I shoot my 'western' pistols.

Is there a Canadian supplier of black powder cartridges?

thx
"Tom Henry"
 
Last edited:
Looking for BP cartridges.

If you're rich enough to shoot commercial ammo of any kind for CAS, would you consider adopting me?

Haha! Not a chance--I've already got enough overgrown children I'm financing!

Actually, shooting that commercial ammo limits the number of times I can compete over the course of a year,
but I never seem to have enough change to afford a reloading bench and equipment.

BtW-- Were you rich enough to get all four of the guns you needed to shoot Cowboys? :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's like I said--I'd just like to know where I can obtain some BP cartridges.
I didn't think I'd be required to answer any embarrassing financial questions. :(
 
Im not 100% sure if they have them but you could check with rustywood trading they may. I kow they do reloads for cowboy action shooting. They may have black powder ones.
 
You are going to run into cost prohibitive shipping issues (hazardous goods fees) with anything to do with BP, Pyrodex and other BP substitutes not.

Re: the cost of competing, no shooting sport is inexpensive these days. That is often a deterrent to for new shooters, especially for couples. Purchasing the guns is merely step one. Then comes holsters, outfits, gun cart, etc. Then comes custom features, tuning, repairs and upkeep, etc.

I didn't mean to embarrass you. I presumed that anyone well enough healed to shoot commercial ammo would not be concerned about the cost of reloading. In order to be safe and relatively proficient, you have to put a lot of lead downrange. This applies to ALL shooting sports.

When I got into CAS, it was the era of one handgun. That reduced cost significantly, enabling most of us to get into reloading if we weren't already so established for other shooting sorts.

Consider my remarks a reality check.
 
Found that BP ammo!

Thank you, Evangy! I found Rusty Wood, and he's got the ammo I want. Turns out he's just across the Strait from us, so I'm placing an order today. That was a good tip.

Adios, amigo!
"Tom Henry"
 
Hi, Sharps

Thx for that info. There is so much for the inexperienced to learn about each of the various disciplnes of our shooting sport!!
I've been a collector and a shooter since 1959, including three years in an army combat unit, but not tried CAS until two years ago. I've also been doing some of the "Military Shoots" with my collection of 'milsurps', plus our "Duty Pistol" competitions, so I'm not a 'newby' to shooting -- just always looking for new challenges. Some day I may settle down to focus on just one type of shooting...as much as I'd like to, I don't have the time or the money to participate in all of them. :(
 
My wife and I shoot IDPA, IPSC, CAS and I have a rack of Shiloh Sharps rifles. I find I get bored and stale if I focus on just one discipline.

I'm very lucky to have a wife that likes shooting and buys her own guns! I do the cleaning and reloading. She currently owns three 1911s, an SR9 and two CZ 'Shadows'. In CAS he shoots Uberti .38s and Ruger NM Blackhawk Flat Tops in .44 Spl.. We both have B-92s for 'Wild Bunch', but her main match rifle is a Marlin 94 in .357. I've got a Henry and a '66.
I don't have to sneak a new gun into the house, unlike many guys I know.
 
Just more gun parts...

Your wife is also very lucky to have a husband who must enjoy cleaning all those guns!
My wife can't tell the difference between and AR and a BAR. Or a Trapdoor Springfield.
Seriously. It's like she's gunblind. Whenever the postman comes knocking, she's like,
"What's all that then?" and I tell her, "Just more gun parts, dear, just more gun parts," :rolleyes:
and she goes, "Oh, OK."
 
Thank you, Evangy! I found Rusty Wood, and he's got the ammo I want. Turns out he's just across the Strait from us, so I'm placing an order today. That was a good tip.

Adios, amigo!
"Tom Henry"

Ohh good! Im glad you found them, also glad rustywood has them. I try and send as many people as i can there because of how well they have treated me in the past.
 
Your wife is also very lucky to have a husband who must enjoy cleaning all those guns!
My wife can't tell the difference between and AR and a BAR. Or a Trapdoor Springfield.
Seriously. It's like she's gunblind. Whenever the postman comes knocking, she's like,
"What's all that then?" and I tell her, "Just more gun parts, dear, just more gun parts," :rolleyes:
and she goes, "Oh, OK."
LOL!! That worked for me too, for about four or five times. My wife basically said there was no need to BS her on the stuff anyway. We actually got a good laugh out of it and when a box of anything comes here now she always says my " latest gunparts " have arrived.
 
All my gun buddies envy me my gun loving wife. She doesn't shoot BP so my gun cleaning chores are relatively simple. She bought her AR15 before I owned one. She wouldn't let me shoot it, so I bought my own! Hers is in 'Muddy Girl' camo. Changes the character of the gun from bad a$$ to cute.

Her presence and involvement in shooting sports has led to other women we know getting into guns and shooting. Some of the best shooters I know in CAS are female. Good looking ladies in Cowboy boots with guns - what's not to like?
 
Back
Top Bottom