Cast bullet for Savage 10ML II

OverUnder725

Regular
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Wondering what bullet to cast for my Savage? I will be shooting IMR SR4759 with a black sabot. I see Lee molds that are .452-255-RF but are listed for 45 ACP, 45 AUTORIM and 45 COLT. Is this an option? I see nothing in what they are calling rifle calibers, 45cal to 70cal, that is the correct size. They are starting at .457". Any advice appreciated.
 
Here are some I've made and used in my savage , they are only good for speeds up to around 2300 fps. the lead doesn't do well will faster speeds.
I made a mold to cast some lead spitzer style bullets. I use these in a sabot in both my .50 cal. and .54 cal. front stuffers.
These are .453 dia. and weigh approx. 300 grains depending on the mix. Accuracy is great and they perform very well on game also. I've harvested moose and deer with these.
If your sole intention is to use the bullets with a sabot for the savage you will need a bullet in the .451-.453 dia. that will fit 45/50 sabots, I've had the best results with short blk mmp and the smooth blk harvester sabots, they hold up to savages pressures.

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom