Chaparral 1873 4440?

bobdbldr

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Location
Nova Scotia
Hi folks
Just a quick 2 questions, I just bought a Chaparral 1873 in 4440, it has no front site so I will have to make one up unless anyone knows an inexpensive place to buy one! Other question is, does anyone have one of these and how is it? Any reviews?
Cheers Bob
 
There are a number of vendors in the US who sell parts for original 1873 rifles. I believe these will work. Uberti parts will not. I have one myself, and I have replaced a parts. The rifle is now a back up gun for Cowboy Action Shooting.
 
Unfortunately, even though I checked out and received an order confirmation#, the gun was sold to someone else, it was an 1873 handgun in 44 40! Some of us thought Marstar site was real time but I guess not, to bad I was hoping this would be my first 1873 colt clone! Thanks for the info though, much appreciated.
 
I bought a Chaparral from Marstar and sent it back because of e manufacturing flaw and got a Pietta instead. I really like the Pietta in .44-40 with the 7 1/2 inch barrel.
From reading over at CasCity.com, Chaparral quality seem to be hit and miss.
 
I thought chaparral went bust a few years back? I'm personally not buying their stuff. My Pietta is nice. My Uberti revolvers (not 1873 SAA) have much nicer triggers, however. Check out Wolverine.
 
The only Chapparal handguns I ever saw were not as nicely finished and did not have as nice a trigger as my Pietta 1873 revolvers.

The Pietta vs Uberti thing has been a long haul discussion for some years now. But owning a variety of both brands I'd have to say that any Pietta made in the last 6 years or so is the equal of the Uberti offerings. There's some plusses and minuses to both but in the end it's a wash and they are both good brands.

And Marstar has a bit of a reduction sale on at the moment on Pietta handguns.
 
Back
Top Bottom