Cheap target only

pac11

Regular
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Lower BC coast
I'm looking to get a muzzle loader. Traditional is not important accuracy and ease is.

I've been reloading for a long time, built benchrest guns and I shoot everything from 6ppc, 444marlin, 7.62 x 25, 375H&H.

I know my way around cartridge guns but I know nothing about muzzle loaders. I've been reading a lot on this BP section including the sticky about smokeless powder in antiques.

I have some questions:

Can a reduced load such as 4198 or 2400 be used in a rifle such as the Tracker 209?

What besides the Tracker 209 or the Yukon Drop Breech fit the bill for being a cheap way to start?

Since I have casting stuff I'll probably be pouring my own projectiles. What should I use round balls or sabots? How accurate are round balls?

I'll be going through Vancouver in a couple of days and would like to pick up something.

Thanks
Mike
 
The Traditions tracker is about a entry level as they get. They go boom and can drop a critter within there effective range. You will quickly upgrade once you get hooked. Most inlines are 1:28 twist which is more or less and industry standard for sabotted rounds. Twists of 1:48 are for conicals, and 1:60 - 1:66 is for round balls.

NEVER use smokeless powder in a ML unless the rifle was specifically engineered for modern smokeless powder. The only one one I am familiar with is the Savage MLII.

Watch the EE, they pop up routinely.
 
Back
Top Bottom