chicago firearms company (The Protector) ????

mpjustin

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Location
BC
What can you guys tell me about the chicago firearms company (The Protector) is what the gun is called.
I'm sorry I don't have any pics but it has about a 1 -2 inch barrel and looks like a silver circle that has a revolver in the palm. I think it shoots some sort of 32 rimfire of some sort. I have seen the gun and my frend is looking for info as well as value potential. I have seen the gun and it is in very good shape. He found it in an old house. They took it to the police and were told it was an antique.

any help is appritiated. thanks

this is what it looks like but these pics are off of another sight. I would say his in better shape.

f154a.jpg

f154c.jpg
 
Protector

From Flayderman's 9th Ed.:
Made in the 1890s with a total of about 12,800 being made. Chambered in 32 extra short rimfire. Nickel plated standard, blue finish rare and will bring a premium (only 1000).VG $1100 - Ex $2000.
Blair
 
From Flayderman's 9th Ed.:
Made in the 1890s with a total of about 12,800 being made. Chambered in 32 extra short rimfire. Nickel plated standard, blue finish rare and will bring a premium (only 1000).VG $1100 - Ex $2000.
Blair

thanks, for that tidbit of info. Just to be sure this caliber is clasified as antique status even though it is a 32 cal. ?
 
I think that you would have to make your own shells on a lathe and use hilti shells as a primer, and a round ball for a bullet. I think you can see that the shells it shot are very short and I suspect the gun was chambered for the .32 extra short which are almost non existent in terms of buying a box to shoot. Also it is a hit or miss situation whether or not the priming in original shells will still detonate. The only gun that I have actually seen was converted to shoot .22 BB caps I think, perhaps shorts.

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom