Chinese (Norinco) 223

PONCHO

Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone shot the Norinco 223 from Canam?

I am looking for a review on it and found one on the 308 ammo but not the 223. The smallest qty available is 800rds so I cant exactly try before I buy.

Thx
 
I've heard good things about Norinco 5.56 mostly out of New Zealand
Not sure if this is the same ammo but they were getting 3300fps out of it and very destructive cannelure.
Also claimed to be very accurate.
 
I have shot loads of the stuff and found it to be very good ammo. The brass reloads well too. It is a tad dirty, but is faster than some of the other stuff around.
 
I had some when it was last offered in this country back in the early to mid 1990's. At that time, it shot well in my Bushmaster AR's (won alot of local service rifle matches with it). Didnt shoot as well in my Colt AR (longer milspec chamber probably), but still good cheap plinko ammo.
 
Last edited:
So why is the Norinco ammo more expensive than Federal ammo? I have nothing against (and no experience with) the Norinco ammo other than that it seems expensive for Chinese manufactured goods:

Canadaammo Norinco: http://canadaammo.com/product.php?productid=379&cat=0&page=1 (roughly $436/1000 rounds)

SFRC Federal: http://www.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_108_109&products_id=6 ($379/1000 rounds)
 
I shot a bunch through my mini 14. Cant complain. I would take any american made stuff ( Winchester, remington, federal) over it, but I have nothing bad to say about the Norinco stuff. I got a really good deal when I bought it though. I got 120 rounds for 30 bucks.
 
Anybody??????????

We're dying for a range report!!!

Paul

The best I can do for ya'all personally is to give you a "dated" range report. I dug out some of my records with this ammo when I bought the first batch back in the early-mid 1990's. I wish I still had these rifles:(, but here's a summary of my accuracy results at the time with the Norinco 55 gr ammo.

Rifle: Colt Competition h-bar AR-15 20" bbl 1 in 9 twist bench rest with scope 100m 3 shot group average of 1.7" (six groups fired)

Rifle: Bushmaster Ar-15 H-Bar 20" bbl 1 in 9 twist bench rest with scope 100m 3 shot group average of 1.8" (six groups fired)

Rifles: Colt Delta H-Bar AR-15 20" bbl 1 in 7 twist benchrest with scope 100M 3 shot average of 2.5" (seven groups fired)

The question is, is the batch of Norinco currently offered an improvement on the 1994 stuff I shot (above), the same, or worse?
 
The question is, is the batch of Norinco currently offered an improvement on the 1994 stuff I shot (above), the same, or worse?

That right there is the million dollar question. Can anybody expand upon this? Has anybody heard anything from the dealers in regards to the quality of the new batch compared to the old?

Paul
 
I used about 400 rounds of the Norc 5.56 in my Bushmaster ACR last weekend for a One Shot Tactical VSM Rifle course. We wern't shooting groups, but it was plenty accurate for our uses, and went bang every single time. The ACR ate it up.

One thing I did notice is it is quite a bit dirtier then the American Eagle 223 Tactical I've been using. The ACR build up crap around the front of the handguard where the piston vents, and it was a fair bit dirtier then when I used the same amount of the AE ammo.
 
Ran a bunch through my Tavor over the last couple of weeks - no problems at all. Seems reasonably accurate/consistent - I wasn't using a magnified optic, but I was hitting what I aimed at. Decent ammo for the money :)
 
Back
Top Bottom