NorthCoastBigBore
CGN frequent flyer
- Location
- Northwest BC (Rural) 103-I-##
Good morning
I am looking for recommendations on good books relating to the Civil War. I see lots of great references in the threads regarding Civil War firearms, but not so much on the history. Particularly the North, as I had direct relatives who fought on that side.
I am aware of any number of books on the topic, but I'm really looking at some insight from folks who have read some and found one or two that stood out (of course, usually one book will lead to another source and that's OK - a good start is great since this is not a subject I'm very familiar with beyond the basics) - nothing worse than ordering an expensive out of print book and finding little "meat" in the book
Anyway, suppose I should get back to work - but thanks for any suggestions.
NCBB
I am looking for recommendations on good books relating to the Civil War. I see lots of great references in the threads regarding Civil War firearms, but not so much on the history. Particularly the North, as I had direct relatives who fought on that side.
I am aware of any number of books on the topic, but I'm really looking at some insight from folks who have read some and found one or two that stood out (of course, usually one book will lead to another source and that's OK - a good start is great since this is not a subject I'm very familiar with beyond the basics) - nothing worse than ordering an expensive out of print book and finding little "meat" in the book
Anyway, suppose I should get back to work - but thanks for any suggestions.
NCBB


















































