Colt 1851 Navy Revolver

kamlooky

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
317   0   0
Location
Interior BC
I'd like to learn more about this old black powdered piece of history in .36, I think.
May have an opportunity to acquire one and need some insider trading info.................:p
No idea of shape, wear or shootability.
Just a short phone call.
Photos were supposed to be sent but nadda showed up on the email place, yet.

Where does the price point begin?
And I suppose, end?

What to look for, be cautious of and such?

:cheers:
 
Last edited:
Good thinking ......... thanks.

Mod's can we move this thread there?

Got it. ;)

1CanadaFlag.gif

----------------
NAA.
 
Hey Mr. looky, try looking on gunbroker.com... It will take some time but to get and idea browse collectibles and subsection antique guns, you can even search 1851 colt and get and idea of what they go for in U.S. Dollars and condition etc. Then add 33% for the Canadian peso, and another 20-30% for the Canadian market and you should be in the ball park, check the EE too, condition and any think special about the firearm means a lot in regards to price! Good luck!
 
Ive seen originals go from 500 CDN on the low end to 3500 for a real real nice one. Id look at the nipples and make sure they are mostly there so you can get them out and replace them, check the space between the forcing cone and the cylinder, then the grip condition and the action...Does it work does it line up? then of course the bore, pitting etc.

If you get it I can cast some proper balls for ya and mail em out
 
Just got an email update from the owner and it is a clone.
It's a non firing replica of a 1851 USA Colt Navy revolver, .36, made by Jastro, Canada.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Sorry folks and I suppose this thread can be knewkk'd azz well.

Thanks for the info.
 
Well, if you are interested, there are lots around, both here and the U.S. I have a Pietta 1851 clone, really nice but I would love to have a real 1858 Remington new model army!
 
The good news is that there is tons of Italian copies of 1851/1861 36 cal revolvers on the market and for good prices. They are fun to take out to the range to slow things down.
 
Back
Top Bottom