Colt HBar Target Load

Fozy

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Location
Barrie
I have a H Bar and just picked up some .223 dies. I am looking to build a target load for it and was wondering if anyone has done any experimentation?
 
Start with something simple like a bullet choice & go from there. Berger VLD, Sierra matchking, Hornady A-max. Your reloading manuals and practice will figure out the rest for you as every gun is different!
 
it should be a 1/7- unless colt changed it - mine's an 89 vintage and that's what is marked - and cmp- should be marked on the barrel - and it's an "unstepped" barrel with a bayonet lug- oh and incidentally, 70 grain speer over 25 grains of ww748
 
I do not profess to know it all, but what I am saying, is that it would be prudent to know what the specs of your rifle before are, before you start to buy components.
And yes, some HBAR Barrels were made with a 1/9 twist with since 1992, but with the amount of barrel swaps done out there, it's better to check the markings on your barrel and make sure first.

Just my $0.02
ww w.biggerhammer.net/ar15/variants/

Enjoy it!
 
Back
Top Bottom