Corbon 7.62x39

popper

Regular
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Location
Lower Mainland
New to Canada and CGN...
Simple question: Is it possible to buy/import a Corbon 150 gr 7.62x39 hunting round?

With a 150gr quality bullet(JSP) flying @2300fps from a 20-inch barrel it would have close to 1800 ft-lb energy and retain more than 1000 ft-lb up to 250m...

It puts it in a totally different performance class compared to the anemic 123 gr soft points with questionable bullet performance that seem to be the common hunting round offered...

Or am I missing something?
 
Most ammo available to Canada in x39 mimics surplus ballistics, being 125gr. For this reason I load my own for more energy and speed similar to the link, however it still won't be my choice to shoot a moose or a bear with it.
 
The PRIVI stuff is actually pretty snappy and expands well. Great deer getter. Brass is quite good for reloading too - if your CZ858 doesn't send it into the next area code. I pay $17 a box. No way I would think $40+ a box stuff would do any better. Pick up the brass and reload with a good 150 grainer such as a Hornady, Sierra or Speer and you have all the deer steaks you need.
 
Back
Top Bottom