Skiny: It is a lyman deerstalker. I am smitten with it to say the least. I have about 400 into the set up and that gives me 75 yard hunting accuracy with enough consumables to fire 100 rnds.
Most fun I have had shooting in a long time. Big plans for spring bear with it.
The tree was simply wounded at the time of the photo but two kids and 200 rounds of 22lr left it looking a bit worse then my low velocoty balls. We had an above zero day after weeks and weeks of -20 so everyone was shooty.
Jay: You got it perfectly. I am gonna revive flintlock interest in British Columbia by educating the 100 mile diet hippies. Actually Julianna is. It does'nt need to be all buck skin and chewing tobbaco it can be mountain bikes and smooth bores. Look for the Doyles in the 'self propelled adventure' stories. Just gotta find enough MEC at the thrift store for the photos LOL.
I sourced the 'backhanded' rifle in Pennsylvania. They are cheap and plentiful down there where they have primitative seasons.
You are gonna need one inorder to take adavantage of the Pig, Goat, Sheep seasons in Hawaii.