It's an addiction! Just paid for a Muzzleloading Armory Plainsman Rifle in .50 Caliber as well. Looks like like a poorer mans version of the Hawken with less flash. It came with a powder horn, nipple wrench, and capper. Now I have a spare/loaner!
My great grandfather's was a hudsons bay blacket. You can find the newer hudsons bay blankets on Ebay for around $80 a piece. But I've seen the red and black fabric for sale in sewing stores. Just need to find it again.
Good to know, thanks! I'll have to take a look around.
Is there an active BP club in your area? You would have a blast and see a pile of things to wet your appetite for more BP stuff if you dropped in on a shoot. Now you have the revolver and the ML all you need is a lever gun, a BPCR buffalo gun, a smoothbore, a shotgun or 2, a BP era cartridge revolver, .......![]()



























