Damascus Barrels

mooncoon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
Thought that I would post a couple of projects I have been puttering with recently. First is a set of Boss shotgun barrels that turned out better than average for me. Always a challenge because no two sets of barrels behave the same way

qAwDPzS.jpg


In the second image, you can see the weld on near the center of the upper barrel, about the middle of the picture. Look for a change of pattern that goes straight across the diagonals. There were two ways of making laminated barrels; one way was to make 3 tubes about 10 inches long and weld them end for end. That is how these barrels were made. The other way was to add another skelp on and keep on wrapping. When that is done, the pattern looks sort of smudged like a thumb print where the join is and that method seems to be more common on the guns that I have seen

8Gec5Xj.jpg


OEoB1gU.jpg


this last barrel you can see the smudged area where the next skelp was added on
cheers mooncoon
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom