Daughter tries out my '73 (photo)

Win 38-55

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
This past Saturday, I took my oldest daughter to the range. We started with my Colt SAA offhand at 25 yards. To my shock, she put 3 out of her first five rounds on the 8 1/2 x 11 paper shooting offhand. She's never shot that pistol before. Then we tried out my old '73. Here she is, shooting my 122 year-old Winchester 1873 chambered in 38 WCF (aka 38-40). We had a good time.

Sarah-and-the-73.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice to see as my daughter gets older I hope for the same so far its very closely supervised shooting of a chipmunk 22lr
 
That is a super photo, I am sure you are proud Dad right now :) . I know how proud I was when my oldest daughter(13) took her first grouse this past fall. I still can't get over how happy she was. Oddly my boys have been less impressed with the whole shooting thing, oh well :).
 
Boys aren't supposed to be impressed; it's a tough-guy thing.

Girls, on the other hand, are supposed to sit around and play with Barbies.... except for the fact that rather an astonishing number of them have BRAINS..... but they have been brainwashed against shooting by the "educational" system, which actually is social conditioing more than anything else. (I can say that: I have held a teaching license for many years.)

But give girls a chance, give them a bit of instruction and it's often shocking just how fast they can become VERY good...... and enjoy it at the same time.

Good show!

(Both of you!)
.
 
lady shooter

Well done! She must have had a good teacher ... ;>)

In my experience, women make better students of gun handling and shooting than do males. They don't have the ego problem, do what you ask and find out it's easy; simply hand-eye coordination.
Then you reinforce success with additional help as needed and then just get the hell out of the way!

Males past puberty won't listen until they get their (_*_)s kicked by a woman. Then you have their attention .....
 
That is fantastic...introducing the family to antique firearms. The 1873 is the definitive rifle for all shooters...anyone who has never fired one NEEDS to find one and try it out. They are history in your hands. Plus the fun factor far exceeds anything modern.
The allure of any old lever action rifle is very powerful, not to mention the attraction of the single shot rifles of the pre 1900 era.
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom