Difference between crates of 7.62x39

gewehr76

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Hello everybody.

Have any body noticed difference in accuracy between one crate of 7.62x39 ammo and the other? I opened new crate of chez stuff to feed my sks and now I can't hit anything on the paper.

Any of you 7.62by39 shooters noticed something like that with the ammo or its just me?

Thanks
 
I don't know if it makes any difference, but I sure pissed off the one dickhead a t Lever Arms when I made a point of grabbing cases that had the same lot number. Luckily, I had a good employee helping me while I dug through the stack.:D

I had previously ordered two cases from Marstar and they were good enough to send me two cases with matching lot numbers.:)

I haven't shot any of it yet, so I can't tell you if it makes a difference, but I would try to grab matching cases if buying more than one.
 
Same lot number, my two crates don't even look the same. Surplus ammo tends to give 3-4 inch groups. You could have a whole bunch wrong with ammo and still hold 4 inch groups.
 
I don't know if it makes any difference, but I sure pissed off the one dickhead a t Lever Arms when I made a point of grabbing cases that had the same lot number. Luckily, I had a good employee helping me while I dug through the stack.:D
Let me geuss who the prick @ Lever Arms was...
Was his name was Justin.
Freak I hate that kid. If it wasn't for Lever Arms helping out with the Poco Gong Shoot I probaly would never step foot in there again. As a side note the little asian guy and the man with long black hair were very nice and helpful.
 
Let me geuss who the prick @ Lever Arms was...
Was his name was Justin.
Freak I hate that kid. If it wasn't for Lever Arms helping out with the Poco Gong Shoot I probaly would never step foot in there again. As a side note the little asian guy and the man with long black hair were very nice and helpful.

I don't remember, but he is the assistant manager I think.

Blair is the guy with the long hair in a ponytail (and top notch.)

The owner, and a young guy working there, have been great to me as well.

It is that one bad egg that made me feel as you do. If I had to deal with him I would have walked out too. I believe it is him who is responsible for driving business out of that store and giving them such a bad name.
 
Same lot number, my two crates don't even look the same. Surplus ammo tends to give 3-4 inch groups. You could have a whole bunch wrong with ammo and still hold 4 inch groups.

The crates are all just empty boxes until the ammo gets loaded and the numbers get stenciled on. Expecting them to match identically is a bit silly.

I just hope the ammo inside was all loaded to the same specs and gives similar results. It may not be match ammo, but it would be nice to be able to leave the sights alone when changing crates.
 
Mine that are stamped on the inside lid as 75 are all head stamped as 75 as well, that's the year of production. I also have an 82 with all headstamps as 82.
 
I think the most recent czech case I have seen was one case of 1988, I have a crate of 1985, it'd be interesting to see how a crate from the early 70's matches up to one in the mid-late 80's.
 
Back
Top Bottom