Disturbing post

Calgarychef

Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Location
Calgary!
I'm a lurker here and I've bought a grand total of two firearms over the years. I really don't want to crap on someone's for sale ad but if someone sees an item for sale that's truly dangerous and misidentified as a working item....except it's simply intended as a decorative piece, what's the protocol for reporting to the administrators?
 
It used to be that you could criticize an item for sale in its sale thread and fortunately that has ceased. Now the Mods seem to be fine with parallel threads doing the same thing. I know the Social Justice Warriors are fine with that, but I prefer pulling up my big boy pants and following the old "Caveat Emptor".
 
It used to be that you could criticize an item for sale in its sale thread and fortunately that has ceased. Now the Mods seem to be fine with parallel threads doing the same thing. I know the Social Justice Warriors are fine with that, but I prefer pulling up my big boy pants and following the old "Caveat Emptor".

The problem with that is that your going to get people insulting the firearm for sale just to try and lower the price even if it is a fair price. The current system works, check whatever forum it is listed in and generally if there is something seriously wrong with it you will find out about it there as people are quick to pick up on that type of stuff.

I know there is stuff I have wanted to laugh at (wasn't it the other day someone was trying to get 8k for a Venezuelan FN-49) but it is the sellers right to put up the price they want without having it directly attacked.
 
I think there is also the issue of how knowledgeable is the person reporting the danger. As an example I and many other black powder shooters shoot damascus barreled shotguns with black powder and in some cases with low pressure smokeless loads. There definitely are members on gunnutz who would say such guns should never be shot because the barrels are too weak. I have yet to see a damascus gun in reasonably good condition blow up. Even the stories of guns blowing up in years gone by seem to refer to guns in very poor condition

cheers mooncoon
 
I would suggest PM'ing the seller with a question. A good seller will want to answer any questions people have and add the clarification to the ad.
 
All good points. I'm not going to mention the seller etc. but I've contacted the mods and my conscience is clear. I really hope no one gets hurt in this sale but I've tried my best and that's enough.

And that little " diamond" in the corner, that's a triangle.....sheesh, im glad my life ain't spent correcting little lapses like that.
 
I note that the seller has a prominent warning in red that the things have not been proof tested, and should not be fired without being examined by a competent gunsmith.
That seems pretty clear.
 
Back
Top Bottom