Hi Guys,
For those who did not visit the milsurp forum, I work in a museum and I'm doing the inventory of the collection right now. There is few nice pieces in this collection but there is also some artifact that I don't know at all.
I'm posting few pictures of the guns I can't surely identify. These are not mine, they belong the Citadelle's Museum in Quebec City. This week-end, I'll post picture of my personal collection here in the Blackpowder and Antiques forum. I am a collector of French made flintlocks used in New France.
But, before going any further, here the first percussion musket I have no idea of what it is. I would like to know if any of you have already saw these markings and maybe tell a bit more about it.
The musket looks like a hunting musket. There is a lot of markings under the barrel. First, on top of the barrel there is ''made in belgium'' and ''Fine Twist''. Under the barrel, few other marking and in the lockplate also.
I know it can be almost anything but I take a chance and present you this musket.
Feel free to comment, in group, we know everything!
Thanks.
Martin
















For those who did not visit the milsurp forum, I work in a museum and I'm doing the inventory of the collection right now. There is few nice pieces in this collection but there is also some artifact that I don't know at all.
I'm posting few pictures of the guns I can't surely identify. These are not mine, they belong the Citadelle's Museum in Quebec City. This week-end, I'll post picture of my personal collection here in the Blackpowder and Antiques forum. I am a collector of French made flintlocks used in New France.
But, before going any further, here the first percussion musket I have no idea of what it is. I would like to know if any of you have already saw these markings and maybe tell a bit more about it.
The musket looks like a hunting musket. There is a lot of markings under the barrel. First, on top of the barrel there is ''made in belgium'' and ''Fine Twist''. Under the barrel, few other marking and in the lockplate also.
I know it can be almost anything but I take a chance and present you this musket.
Feel free to comment, in group, we know everything!
Thanks.
Martin
















Last edited:


















































