felt like taking some pictures while shooting today.

dthunter

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope you like some pictures I took today! I was just in the mood for taking some pictures today while out shooting.













Here are some Black and Whites














Hope you enjoyed them!
 
It is 45-70. I have shot some BP with 525 postells. I am presently trying some "Unique" powder for some light loads (1175fps).

The rifle really liked Varget with the 420 grain flat nose's and the 525 grain postells! The 525 postells were getting 1550fps at 46 grains of Varget.
 
Boomer out of Regina SK makes excellent molds. He has the Gunn Trenkt design at 560 grn. I use it, works better than the Postell designed bullet. His locking handles on the mold are great. No hand getting tired from holding the mold shut. And very easy to open.
 
Nice falling block rifle, but maybe since this is neither an antique firearm or discussing shooting blackpowder loads and shooting, it might be a better place for this thread in the CGN sporting guns forum?
 
Well, if that doesn't look like a satellite dish on a steam locomotive then I don't know what does!

That's not the stock forearm, is it? The wood is incredible, but those BPCRs tend to have nice wood.
 
Biguglyman: lmao! Very true!

I put this scope on this rifle for the time bieng because I cant justify spending the money for a period accurate scope at this time.

The peep sights are fine, but I just dont seem to shoot them as consistantly as I used to. One day I can shoot 2 or three 1"- to 1-1/2" groups, then the next day 3". My eyes simply are not as good as they used to be. Optics will sure help in this reguard.
 
The fore stock is custom from the previous owner. He shot BPCR competitions in a few countrys I understand. This rifle was supposedly shot in Africa in 1999, and won an event at 1000 yards. No idea past that info.

I got it for a fair price, and it shoots great! Can hardly wait to get my molds for it!
 
Nice Rig,I'll be watching to see how you like your choice of bullets.Just getting set up to start casting for my 45-70 but am a little overwhelmed by the custom molds
available and don't know quite where I want to start.I do like your bench set up and rest.I had pondered reworking an old office chair made out of cast alum myself last week and ended up letting it go in the scrap bin.Sorry I did now !!!
 
Back
Top Bottom