Flintlock pistol

mrbeil

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Mb
Hey, I'm looking to get into black powder firearms soon and was looking for a cheap flintlock pistol to get me started. What would one expect to pay for a lower end piece? Also, is there anything I should know about or look out for?
 
Hey, I'm looking to get into black powder firearms soon and was looking for a cheap flintlock pistol to get me started. What would one expect to pay for a lower end piece? Also, is there anything I should know about or look out for?

Do you want an antique status one or do you want a repro that's restricted and must be registered?. What are you looking to spend?

Lots of nice solid antique pieces floating around but they are pricey 750-2000+ range. As for reproductions, affordable and perfectly functional I would go with loyalist arms in N.S. If you have more to spend and want above average quality, a pedersoli.
 
I picked up a couple of flint pistols (modern ie:Restricted) from the EE, one is a smooth-bore pirate style (aaarg ya ever been to sea Billy) Queen Anne with a heavy mainspring and trigger pull. The other is a homemade target flint pistol with a rifled barrel, heavy mainspring but a surprisingly light trigger. Each of these was less than $300.00 delivered.
If you post a WTB on the EE you may find one that is sitting in a safe somewhere unloved and neglected (not abused).
 
Back
Top Bottom