Forehand&Wadsworth New Model Army

DEZ

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well I wish I could say this was mine if I had an extra $3-$4000 it would be but I thought I would post a picture
The estimated total production on these was less than 1000 Cal.44 S&W
These were a large single action revolver 6.5 inch barrel even with there rarity never gained that much value but I've always liked the look of them And maybe because there different thats there appeal to me.
991-1.jpg
 
How many made in 44 40?

I like the look of that gun, looks like a very slick 1875 remy crossed with a early S&W.
 
How many made in 44 40?

I like the look of that gun, looks like a very slick 1875 remy crossed with a early S&W.

None were made in 44-40 acording to my book only 44S&W Russian
the old model army had a 7.5" barrel and no half #### and was just as rare.
The old model was made between 1872&1878 the new model 1878-1882.
 
Very cool gun - interestingly, some numbers of the Old Model Army were acquired commercially and used by the Argentine Army.
 
That is a fine looking sixgun. I never even knew they existed. I need some clarification: was it chambered in 44 S&W (also known as 44 American with the heeled bullet, which is what the first 3rd Model S&W's were chambered in), or was it chambered in 44 Russian. I see both terms used in this thread.
 
some info from my antique book, i had one years a go but it was in real bad shape. i sold it for 400.00

Old Model Army Single-Action Revolver
A .44 Russian caliber revolver with a 7.5" round barrel and 6-
shot cylinder. The barrel marked “Forehand & Wadsworth,
Worchester, Mass. U.S. Patd. Oct. 22, ’61, June 27, ’71 Oct.
28, ’73.” Blued with walnut grips. Approximately 250 were
manufactured between 1872 and 1878.
Exc. V.G. Good Fair Poor
— — 3250 2000 500


New Model Army Single-Action Revolver
Similar to the above, with a 6.5" barrel and half-#### notch on
the hammer. Approximately 250 were made between 1878
and 1882. Intersting note: In 2008, United States Fire Arms announced
plans to remanufacture this model.
Exc. V.G. Good Fair Poor
— — 3000 2250 500
 
Back
Top Bottom