found an odd boxlock dbl barrel percusion shotgun

tula

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I was over to a buddys house lastnight to look over some guns he wants to sell and found an odd boxlock side by side percusion shotgun, it has side hammers in an action that reminds me of the ethen allen boxlock action theres a screw between the hammers on top, you remove that and the barrels and forstock unhinge together from the breech, on the face of the breech where it attachs to the barrels its engraved Augest 20th 1868 I think its American, neat find think I'll take it. anyone ever see a mid 19th century boxlock on a dbl barrel shotgun before?
 
I think H&A made a boxlock ml double.
Any chance of posting photos? There is another possibility that is even more interesting.
 
well I figured out what sort of shotgun it is....only thing odd is I havent found a mark yet aside from the date on it behind the barrels, its dated Augest 20th 1868....and its unmarked, however I know for sure now that its an Allen & Thurber ......im assuming rather scarce as I havent found hardly any info on it aside from one picture of the exact same gun in a flaydermans guide.
 
Back
Top Bottom