FRT Help!

Nyles

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 98.7%
75   1   0
Do any of my fellow verifiers know if there's an FRT number for the Springfield Needham cartridge conversions used by the Fenians in the 1870s? I've searched every way I can think of and I'll be damned if I can find it in there.
 
Needhams are conversions of mainly Bridesburg made Springfield 1863 rifle-muskets using a side-swinging breech. They're not the Allin type Trapdoors, only a few thousand were made and sold to the Fenians and used in their invasion of Canada in 1871. They're not listed under single shot Springfield or Needham and there are no listings for any firearms made by Bridesburg. So I'm out of ideas.
 
Neither, yet! I'm looking at bringing one in from the US and I like to throw in an FRT printout saying its an antique when I do.
 
AS it is an antique in the US, and it's cartridge and date of manufacture make it an antique in Canada I would, contact the RCMP or your local Provincial registrar and have them generate an FRT.

It is an antique in the US, so just order it and have the dealer enclose the antique information for Canada, supplied by you and deal with customs when it arrives.

It will have a manufactures date based on a 1861 or a 1863 model and the rim fire or centre fire cartridge of .58 calibre would qualify it as an antique.

I have brought in antique 1873 Springfield's from the US and I have never been asked for an FRT number.
 
It is an antique in the US, so just order it and have the dealer enclose the antique information for Canada, supplied by you and deal with customs when it arrives..

Have the dealer confirm its age and antiquity on paper with his letterhead. I am not sure how much it is true today but 15 or 20 years ago, a letter from a recognized antique dealer written on paper with his letterhead was considered by Customs to be proof of age

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom