Good gunsmith for antiques

I've heard too many negatives about the work done by 'Rusty Wood' and seen too many of his "tuned guns" go sour to recommend his work. Not sour grapes, as he's never worked on any of my guns, just what I've learned from the experience of others.

Usually "tuning" a CAS gun means over polishing of parts to the point where the gun malfunctions due to the loss of critical edges, dimensions and hardened surfaces.

Hopefully your mileage may differ.
 
As stated above , not a lot of fellows enjoy working on the DA’s . A nightmare . However if you can get old RON Smith outside of Sundre Alberta to look at it I have all confidence , if he can’t fix it , she’s toast
 
That’s too bad about the old DA’s I’ve had one in .41 for a while now and always to get her shooting again, in a different caliber of course.
One of these days I’ll give Epps a call.
 
Back
Top Bottom