And in my haste, I forgot to take "before" pictures. But it was the exact same as all the other "untouched" Nepalese guns - totally encased in a layer of black dirt and what I guess to be yak grease. Couple coats of antique furniture stripper loosened it up pretty well - elbow grease and WD-40 does the rest. I still have some small areas left to finish cleaning, finish fitting the butt plate, and I'm going to try to make a new firing pin (old one seems just a little off center and drags). But she cleaned up fairly well. The front barrel band is coming from IMA (all rifles are supposed to come with 2 - they aren't one of the small pieces that they won't guarantee are there) and I'm still finishing cleaning the bayonet. All in all, I think it was a hell of a deal. With the exchange, shipping and everything, came to about $330 Canadian. Oh yeah, and the bore is MINT. Bright and shiny with no sings of pitting.


















































