While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'm wondering if any one has done a comparison between these two powders. I would like to put in an order for some black powder for my .54 flint lock and am wondering if one powder is more consistent than the other for a flint lock.
I wouldn't trust these gas bags for an opinion Furwall. If they don't know the answer most of them will just make something up!
There are no easy answers, what works for them in their guns may not work for you in yours. You need a chronograph and the same approach to loading that the smokeless guys use to get a meaningful answer.
Where are you ordering from? My experience with black powder has always been limited to Goex, and I would like to try other powders too. I would also like to do a bulk-buy if possible. I only seem to be able to get Goex FFg in dribs and drabs here in Aaaaadmontin....
A true comparison I have not done, but I have used alot of goex in the past but it is harder to find. So I had to switch to graff. I shoot black out of many muzzle loaders and cartridge guns. I found that after working up the loads once again it seemed to be every bit as good accurate and reliable.
There are many in my club that would agree and just as many that would disagree.
My next testing is with Swiss but at $10 a lb more its going to take alot to make the cut.
I use Graff 3f and Goex 2f just because that is what was around at the time. I like them both and don't see a lot of difference in them. One of my muzzleloaders likes 3f, the other prefers 2f.
Thanks for the input guys. It looks as though no one is dead set against graff and it does seem to be easyer to find. I think I might be wise to start with one pound and do as suggested...run it though the chrony and watch my groups. It seems as though I end up with a lot more miss fires when I pack the goex tight verses a very light compression. I'm just getting started with the flint lock, I'm more familiar with the BPCR game.
furwall
Inmy thoughts on it the graffs gave me a little more fouling than the goex.
That could change though with the next batch of goex ai get though.
Swiss is the best that I have used so far very consistant and definetly less fouling, but as stated above you pay the extra for it.
I use graffs and goex the most as they are the easiest to get up here.