H&A XL #4 Quiz..

oldiron

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Location
central Alberta
I picked this H&A up, as a .38 rf. But with the cyl. removed, looking down the business end, it looks to be a bit centre-fire.
Cyl chamber measures .390, throat .376, case length .695, bore .362.
Any idea what this represents? Thanks.


XL4.jpg
 
Would the hammer hit in the center of a cartridge or on the rim?
That gun looks to be in good shape are you going to shoot it?
 
Would the hammer hit in the center of a cartridge or on the rim?
That gun looks to be in good shape are you going to shoot it?

I will pull the lead on a S&W .38 and see what it does in it, I don't have a .38 rf cartridge to measure. The hammer looks to be centre tho.
I would shoot it when I find out what it is for sure.
 
It's probably 380 revolver. Throat, bore diam. and chamber length look right on, so if it is center fire you should be good to go. It uses an inside lubed bullet, and brass can be made from 38 Special.
 
I'd pull the bullet out of a .380 mark2 z and see if it pops the cap.If it does get some brass, a lil' holy black, and castboolits has a group buy on for a .380/200 mold.Not sure if 200 grain is a bit much for this wheelgun but you might be good to go.
 
Back
Top Bottom