Help finding source of pure lead in Canada.

The hardware store on the 325 just off the second exit off the 103 into wileville/ Bridgewater. They carry flashing lead by the roll. It’s on the right just before united equipment rentals as you head into Bridgewater.
 
As a Plumber I know that all shops collect their lead and eventually bring to the scrap dealer along with their copper and brass etc. Just offer them more than what they would get at the scrap yard and I am sure they would be happy for you to take it off their hands for more money. You may need to bring something to weigh it with though. Even a bathroom scale would be good enough for this.
The word "plumber" dates from the Roman Empire. The Latin for lead is plumbum
“Worker of lead”
A little junk food for your brain :cheers:
 
Thanks for all the replies so far. I ordered 50lbs from a foundry. I think that should last me awhile, and since its from a foundry I can be certain of its purity.
 
Salvage lead flashing from your local roofer would be a good place to start.
Don't over focus on "purity" - soft lead from plumbing or flashing is excellent for muzzle loading bullets.
 
I am no longer casting but

I agree about the rolls of lead flashing for SOFT bullets. Years ago the National Rifleman published a 2 page article by Col. E.H. Harrison of technical Staff. I COPIED it as I did not want to desecrate the mag. (That's another story)

In the near future, I hope to be able again to post images to my posts. When I can, the article will be posted.

Very briefly, it details the the way to easily get the Brinnel hardness number by using a small steel ball bearing between pure lead and the unknown. It also lists the BHN for many mixtures.

SOF
l
 
I wouldn't be too concerned about it myself, but I have read that it is especially important to have dead soft pure lead when shooting the P53 Enfield with .550 diameter bullets instead of .568.
 
Back
Top Bottom