Help for a UK poster....

tacfoley

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
...and no, it's not me.

This was on airgunbbs.com this morning, and since what I know about any Brown Bess could be written large on an angel's eyelash any help from here would be appreciated -

Quote - 'Would you be kind enough to have a look at some photographs of my original India Pattern Musket (Brown Bess) does the branding in the stock mean anything to a Canadian member, as far as I can ascertain it was one of 3000 sent by the Tower of London to arm the Militia in Canada when the war of 1812 was about to kick off
It was made by Robert Wheeler in 1799 Tower Proofed etc.
Link to Photographs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fronte...7625353053007/
End quote.

TIA

tac
 
The name J Simpson does not sound like a boat name, otherwise I would have said it looks almost like a sealing gun from Newfoundland. What is the full inscription on the second line? I can't associate that with anything I can think of offhand

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom