Help me figure out what this .30-06 is

Miller854

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Location
Canada
There are two types of ammo here

scaled.php


one seems to be a soft tip with a head stamp marked w-w super which seems quite old but the other type which I need help with seems to have been plugged or some sort of cap placed in the head stamp reads R-P .30-06.

scaled.php


Here is a picture

scaled.php


I think the soft point is safe to be shot but I have no idea about this R-P stuff is. I dont know if it is some sort of blank or some idiot thought they would make a semi-wad cutter or something stupid. If any of you guys know what this stuff is I would appreciate any clue or ideas. Thanks -Miller854
 
R-P stands for Remington - Peters.

I wouldn't fire that flat thing. Looks a little strange......
 
W-W is Winchester Western out of East Alton IL

and

R-P is either a Remington product, but they are usually RA or its a Republic of Philippines!

But don't quote me!! lol
 
Thank you all very much, I plan to shoot the Winchester and I am going to look further into this odd R-P stuff. I only have 2 shells of it but it to me is beyond strange.
 
why don't you run it through a bullet puller( not the collet type) that way you won't be tempted to fire it- what i'm wondering is if that's the base of the bullet and someone has attempted to load a "reverse" - ie the "pointy" end is in the case- blanks don't look like that -
 
Can't be 100% certain, but the flat one looks precisely like the projectiles in some R-P .30-30 flare rounds I bought a gazillion years ago.

I'd use caution pulling that thing.
 
Can't be 100% certain, but the flat one looks precisely like the projectiles in some R-P .30-30 flare rounds I bought a gazillion years ago.

I'd use caution pulling that thing.

I believe you are right---a 30-06 Flare. I have the exact looking cartridge flares for a 30-30 Winchester and a 303 British
 
I have a 5-pack of .308 flare cartridges that look identical. I bought mine back in the '70's So, as others have already mentioned, they are probably flares. Find a safe place to shoot one at night and give it a whirl!
 
Back
Top Bottom