HELP me ID this antique revolver ....

Mtman

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Location
here
It appears to be either 6 or 7 mm pinfire 6 shot revolver. It is both double and single action preWW1 maybe french or belguim ? from what I have found on the net ... maybe some kind of pocket pistol as the trigger folds up . Any help would be appreciated ... THANKS ! .......2 PICS ADDED WITH "MARKINGS"

PA211292-1.jpg

PA211291-1.jpg


PA171287.jpg


PA171286.jpg


PA171289.jpg
 
Last edited:
beyond what you already have deduced, the only further thing you can do is to look for proof marks. None seem to be jumping out in the photos French proofs are often just a letter for the type of powder used in testing the gun and you may find the word "acer" meaning steel

cheers mooncoon
 
I saw a pistol advertised lately and refered to as a Beigian pinfire. Personally I don`t Know but it looked very similar to your`s including the collapsible trigger. Regards, John
 
Here is a picture of my Belgian 7mm pinfire, it has Belgian proof marks on it. This gun is both double and single action but has a cartridge ejector included under the barrel.

BelgianPinfire2001.jpg

BelgianPinfire2002.jpg
 
if the original gun is Belgian, it will have a proof mark on it. I think that is unreliable to say that a gun is belgian or french or any other nationality, just because it looks similar in outward appearance. If it was made in a country with mandatory proofing, it should carry their marks somewhere on the gun

cheers mooncoon
 
THANKS for the feedback so far ...it does have 2 different markings on the left side of the frame ...so I went and got my maglite to put more light on it , but not ! thanks duracell ... didn't think your batteries were supposed to corrode :mad:
 
Doesn't look like a Arendt/Lefaucheux or a Jansen-Lefaucheux pinfire revolver....:redface:....or does it ?


Hmmmmm.....:yingyang:


Any markings of "New English Pattern Pin Fire Pistol" ?


FWIW :) , I think it's the top one on this page..... (and possibly this one over here).


Then again, maybe it's on this page, or perhaps on this page (depends on length of cylinder ? )


(Note to Mods: URL-link is obviously provided for reference only, and NOT to advertise some foreign seller ! :D )


Edit: Actually, the post by "rufe-snow" seems to be most similar ?
 
definitely belgian, pre 1894

and this one here in red
cyclone.....:FWIW , I think it's the top one on this page..... (and possibly this one over here).
 
I agree with the oval ELG* being pre 1894. The crown over U, I can't find in Wirnsberger"s Standard Directory of Proof Marks although I am sure that I have seen the mark a number of times

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom