Help me identify this handgun

Drewz

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
108   0   1
The gentleman does not know anything about this other then the spring for the hammer is broken. The bottom of the barrel appears to have a U on it with some dots. It is a black powder handgun from what I can tell, unrifled barrel, there is a swing on the side to access the rear of the cylinder. I am looking to identify what it may be and if it is worth the $200.00 asking price. The cylinder and all moving parts function and no I am not looking to shoot it I am just wondering if it is collectable and worth the price. Another guy has heard about this gun and is looking at it tomorrow so I would like some help so I do not miss out on the deal, or maybe this is not a deal at all. No markings on the top or side of the barrel, no marks on the wood grips, one is cracked through the screw hole but not broken through as of now.

 
Looks to be a little generic Belgian pinfire revolver. A mainspring would have to be made. I think $200 would be on the high side.
 
I thought 200 was high since the cylinder didn't seem tight but it is an older gun. Also with it needing repair I just do not think this is an investment piece or am I off the mark on that?? In refurbished condition what would be a rough high side number be.


Thanks for the response I really appreciate it!!!!!!!
 
In functioning condition, $200 would still be high. I would lose interest if it was more than $100 - $125. At best, it is an interesting curio.
 
$200 in an antique shop wouldn't be unreasonable. The shadow box was probably $100.

It looks to me like a Belgian pin fire.
 
Well spoke to the guy again in person. I gave him this information and I also found a few that sold at auctions for 250-300 in near mint shape functioning and the highest was nickel plated to boot. He will not budge on the price so I walked away. Thanks guys for helping me out with this!!!!!!!!
 
My first reaction was just that, the nice box, old gun etc. Then the price tag hit me and I thought lets ask some pro's about this to be sure. This guy does not know anything about it but it must be worth $$$$. hahaha
 
Back
Top Bottom