hevi-metal vs fed premium

honkerhitter

Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
central Alta.
I bought a case of Hevi-metal, and a case of fed pre, both in waterfowl loads, 3" bb. After shooting off a few boxes of each I really cannot see a huge difference in performance. I fact last weekend I had abox of each in the blind, the geese were coming in hard, and shooting was fast, I dropped two birds off the bat, and had to make that long reaching off hand shot for the third @ i'm guessing 45-50 yrds. Boom dropped em, nice shot patting my self on the back, the hevi metal made him pay, ejected the shell and I had loaded with the Feds. Anyone else finding a big difference, or reason to pay the extra $, I'm not really sold on it yet.
 
For me, the difference is that I can use a smaller shot size in hevi-metal and have better success with longer shots. It's probably not worth the money though.
 
Back
Top Bottom